Sunday, May 25, 2014

Entry #23

Pro

My meet outfit is designed for a Girl of the Year doll named Candace. Candace is really into fashion and modeling. She writes a blog and has a YouTube channel that is devoted to fashion. Candace also has an American Girl doll and she collects clothing for her doll. Her message in her story is living with an autistic brother and acceptance for autism.and she also talks about staying safe on the internet. She writes post on current fashion trends. I made a replica of this RED Valentino Bow Shoulder Dress. Since I created a fashion based story line I have made many accessories. This would allow you to use whatever accessories you were feeling like at the time. 

The color palate is all neutrals grey black and white to allow you to mix them into a wardrobe. Because I am a huge fan of Isabelle's clothing being sold as separates that mix and match, I would like to see that continued and this doll would have a collection that each piece was sold separately so you can design outfits. I am a fan of that because quite often for my children's friends we have a birthday gift budget and most of the time American Girl exceeds that budget. The separates allow for gifts that are within that, and while it isn't a full outfit, I feel the pricing is the same as it would be in full outfits. You can just get the pieces you want as opposed to needing to purchase an entire outfit if you really only wanted one piece. In Saige's collections I really only wanted her boots. So I didn't get any of it.



Candace will come with pale pink panties, (I used existing panties since they don't show. I didn't sew them)  pair of black lace leggings (sewn by me) the replica of the Bow Shoulder dress, (sewn by me) zebra flats with a bow (Springfield shoes I embellished) a Black leather bracelet with crystals on it and a white bracelet with black lace overlay and a rhinestone heart slide both made by me. 

Candace's accessories would include a necklace made of chain with black and white beads and a matching bracelet, (made by me) a black cloche hat with white ribbon band and bow (crocheted by me) black lacy finger less gloves with white bows (crocheted by me) and a black clutch bag with wrist strap that has a tulle outer layer (sewn by me). 
 
Candace's American Girl doll in her story is a Felicity doll that had belonged to her mom, and she has modernized it. They removed the pin curls and trimmed the dolls hair. Candace likes to dress to coordinate with her doll so there would be a mini doll for her and a collection of  outfits for the mini doll. I created a crochet dress and cloche hat to go with Candace's outfit for my mini Felicity. 







I made collages of all my in process photographs. I made a backdrop to go with the story line I created within the blog I wrote for her, that is shown in the collages as well. I made her a blogger account and a Youtube. 

 Her actual blog can be found at http://iwantcandytoo.blogspot.com/
I will continue to post blogs and videos to these accounts as I still have some story line to add and I also am trying to keep it going in her viewpoint. 

Candace is a #22 doll I found in Goodwill. I paid $4.00 for her. She had loose limbs and an unintentional asymmetrical haircut. After a thorough cleaning, restringing and haircut she is cute and sassy with a swinging bob hairstyle. She is often accused of being a Kit wannabe but her bob is more modern and blunt cut. She isn't happy when people tell her she looks like Kit and is quick to point out she has no freckles. She has a few flaws but she is well loved here. My son with Autism loves American Girl and he has a Samantha we converted into a boy doll named Andy. He actually named her Candace from Phineas and Ferb on the Disney channel and he often borrows her to go on adventures with Andy. It is the only one of my girls I let him take because he can't wreck her hair. He is 8 and they go camping or horseback riding or on picnic's together. 

​ I forgot to mention, the mini doll has on shoes I fashioned from packaging tape and construction paper because the crocheted ones looked too bulky I have to find the right materials for mini doll shoes. I guess I would need to be in the Pro category. I sold mostly jewelry and knitted or crochet doll clothing and accessories. I am just getting into sewn items so if you feel this isnt up to pro standards then whatever you feel. 

I used pieces from several different patterns and pattern makers to make the dress. the bodice is an elongated trendy t from Liberty Jane, the sleeve is from Avery Lane designs on Etsy and the ruffle is from the Harajuku station. I also made the dolls dress a bit longer than the human one since when the dolls sit down they are not the most lady like. I lengthened it to preserve the doll's modesty. Her color palate is explained in her blog. Black and white are hot for spring 2014.


My new shop is Confetti Doll Designs on 
I am still in the process of filling the store. 
I have my other store, Lemonhead103.Storenvy.com as well. 




















































__________________


Voting for the 2014 Spring FDC 
Starts On May 28th, 2014.

Voting Ends June 11th, 2014.

Please vote for this entry by commenting below or 
emailing us at nora.demington@gmail.com.

Vote for Entry #23, by writing -- "I vote for Entry #23."

We recommend voting for one newbie entry, 
one intermediate, and one pro, at least.

Thank you!

26 comments:

  1. You are amazing. I love the story line, the clothes and accessories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gets my vote! Very well thought out and I love the design concept. Even a dress for the mini!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote for Entry #23

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the classic look with a bitmap modern twist....#23 definitely gets my vote!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the classic look with a modern twist...#23 definitely gets my vote!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I vote for entry #23. This is a very classy outfit. Love the accessories.

    ReplyDelete