Sunday, May 25, 2014

Entry #30

Pro




Meet Heather, Historic American Girl from 1985. Being a child of the 80’s I have wanted to see a historic doll that will take me back to that time in place… Madonna, the Brat Pack, big hair, big jewelry, and big fun!


Heather is a totally awesome girl; she knows how to be awesome while still being herself! Heather loves music and sings in her own all girl rock band. While aspiring to be a rock star she meets lots of amazing people. Heather finds that a lot of kids who look as cool as her are just not really as cool as her.

Heathers girl band is named The Heathers; they play for talent contests, birthday parties and get to make lots of new friends. A lot of the people and bands they meet look and seem as awesome as they do, but Heather and her friends find that many of their fellow aspiring rock stars have lots of bad habits. “Gag me with a spoon” They see lots of smoking, drinking, and even drugs!

The Heathers decide they want to follow the lead of the current first lady Nancy Reagan to show kids that you can be awesome while staying clean. They start their own Just Say No club in their school. Lots of kids join and sign the pledge to stay drug free.


The Just say no club is so much fun! The Heathers get to headline dances and meet such cool new friends.



The Jacket- The jacket was made using the Sofia Pattern available at Pixie Faire along with the sleeves from the Thimbles and Acorns Bustle dress pattern. I modified the jacket to give it more room, a baggier 80’s style look with more room in the shoulders to fit shoulder pads. 

The Tank Top- Solid Black tank top is made using the LJC tshirt pattern available at Pixie Faire.

The Slouch Shirt- is made using LJC’s Off the shoulder top Pattern, available at Pixie Faire
 and machine embroidered with Just Say No.

The Skirt-is a modified version of the LJC Faraway Downs dress pattern. I made 2 longer layers of metallic ruffles instead of 3 smaller ruffles as it was more fitting for the 80’s style I was after.

The Leggings- are made from LJC Leggings pattern.

The Boots- are a modified version of All Dolled Up’s slouch boots pattern.

No Pattern Pieces- Hair Bow, Belt and Jewelry there was no pattern used. I simply played with my supplied so create the extras to make this outfit fun.










Outfit Designed and Created by
Dacia Hostetter
Of Mini Me Dolly Divas


__________________


Voting for the 2014 Spring FDC 
Starts On May 28th, 2014.

Voting Ends June 11th, 2014.

Please vote for this entry by commenting below or 
emailing us at nora.demington@gmail.com.

Vote for Entry #30, by writing -- "I vote for Entry #30."

We recommend voting for one newbie entry, 
one intermediate, and one pro, at least.

Thank you!

80 comments:

  1. I vote for Entry #30

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote for Entry #30. It's adorable and, like, totally 80's to the max! - R. Boggs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote for Entry #30

    ReplyDelete
  4. I vote for entry #30

    ReplyDelete
  5. I vote for # 30, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. I vote for entry #30

    ReplyDelete
  7. I vote for Entry #30

    ReplyDelete
  8. I vote for entry #30. I love the 80's take and the outfit is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I vote for entry #30.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I vote for Entry # 30.. it is totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I vote for Entry #30

    ReplyDelete
  12. I vote for #30, it's totally rad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I vote for #30...it's totally rad!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I vote for Entry #30

    ReplyDelete
  15. I vote for #30!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I vote for entry #30

    ReplyDelete
  17. I vote for entry #30.
    As another child of the 80s, I love what you did here. The hair and outfit are perfect (not the new version of 80s style but true to form). I love that you chose Heather for the name...you'd have been safe with Jennifer and Amy and Andrea as well. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I vote for entry #30

    ReplyDelete
  19. I vote for Entry Number 30.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I vote for Entry Number 30.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I vote for number 30

    ReplyDelete
  22. You cant beat the 80's. #30 for the win. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I vote for entry #30. Awesome doll!

    S.Garcia

    ReplyDelete
  24. I Love Rock N Roll!!
    Im A Bass Player!! I HAVE To Vote For # 30 !!

    I VOTE FOR # 30.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This Reminds me Of ROCK N ROLL! !
    As a Bass Player..I Love Rock N Roll. .So..

    I VOTE # 30

    I VOTE # 30

    ReplyDelete
  26. I vote for Entry Number 30

    ReplyDelete
  27. I vote for number thirty, yo.

    It speaks to me.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I vote for Entry #30

    ReplyDelete
  29. #30 allllllll the way!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I vote for #30 all the way across the boards! I totally love this outfit!

    ReplyDelete