Sunday, May 25, 2014

Entry #26

Pro


My blog is lifeofdoll.weebly.com, and my website linnyrose.com

It didn’t take long for me to decide who I wanted to make a “meet” outfit for; Lindsey Stirling. She’s my second favorite artist, behind The Piano Guys. She has awesome style, and since I don’t have any guy dolls, I couldn’t make an outfit for one of The Piano Guys. Once I decided, I had to figure out which ONE of her outfits I wanted to make.


Lindsey Stirling has so many fun and unique outfits that would be awesome to make doll-sized. But I ultimately decided on mixing up some of my favorite pieces from her outfits, and combining them to make an outfit that really represents her.


I decided to make a red striped ¾ sleeve knit shirt, since she wears red in a lot of her outfits, a grey flowy knit skirt with lots of fabric for dancing, red legwarmers (knit again) to keep her legs warm while she’s practicing, and a silver jacket in case it gets chilly. I didn’t color in the picture, because I had to check my fabric stash before I ultimately decided what fabric and colors to use. I also wasn’t able to make the necklace I drew in my sketch.

I upcycled one of my old favorite red striped shirts for the top.


Laying out the pattern pieces.


Attaching the sleeves.

I also upcycled a knit skirt for the skirt. There was a lot of fabric!


This skirt will be all nice and full.


Beckie tried it on, and loved it!


Heh, I didn’t get too many in-progress pictures, because I got too caught up in sewing that I forgot to quite often. :P

Finished Outfit:



And of course, every hip-hop violinist needs a violin.



Her “purse” is her violin case, to keep it safe when she travels around.

She also has a couple bracelets, one is made from a hair tie, and the other is a scrap of fabric.


I think this outfit really captures her personality and style.



I made the jacket from an old shirt. I love the tiny buttons I found.




I found a sparkly sweater to make the legwarmers out of.






__________________


Voting for the 2014 Spring FDC 
Starts On May 28th, 2014.

Voting Ends June 11th, 2014.

Please vote for this entry by commenting below or 
emailing us at nora.demington@gmail.com.

Vote for Entry #26, by writing -- "I vote for Entry #26."

We recommend voting for one newbie entry, 
one intermediate, and one pro, at least.

Thank you!

32 comments:

  1. I vote for entry #26. :-) (Hello to my fellow Lindsey Stirling/PianoGuys fan! :D)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should make more skirts like that and sell them! I'd buy a bunch! I vote for Entry #26. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything, the outfit, the photos, and have to admit I am partial to the sparkly leg warmers, they are wonderful :) I vote for Entry #26.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the piano guys! I vote for entry #26!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I vote for entry #26. Not only is it adorable...but it is inspired by Lindsey! I LOVE her! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Lindsey Stirling and that skirt is just adorable. I vote for entry #26!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I vote for entry #26

    ReplyDelete
  8. I vote for Entry #26

    ReplyDelete
  9. I vote for Entry #26

    ReplyDelete
  10. I vote for Entry #26.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I vote for Entry #26.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful sewing, as always! You get my vote!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is sooo cute!!! I vote for entry #26

    ReplyDelete
  14. I vote for Entry #26!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the outfit; love the gal that created and made it ...

    ReplyDelete
  16. I vote entry #26

    ReplyDelete