Sunday, May 25, 2014

Entry #24

Pro


This is how things started.

I was off and about one day, and I saw this jacket. I dare say it was one of the most amazing jackets I ever did see. I'd never seen anything like it, honestly. It was just... perfect. It was long, but not to long, dressy, but comfy, with a nice big hood, and some pockets. And it was olive green.
I quickly drew out this, and drafted out a pattern.


THE DESIGN:

Well, that amazing jacket sparked this: The outfit. Here is a complete photo of what I envisioned, colored and all.


I wanted a longish, army/olive green jacket to match the one I'd seen, with two pockets, completely lined, even the hood, with a zipper.

A sleeveless, baby blues collared top, with the collar and hemming peaking out from underneath a gray knit t-shirt.

The shorts would be made of khaki material, board short style, with the cuff rolled up. The pockets would be lined with white. The black converse I would order from Release rain.


Now, since this outfit is a 'meet outfit', let's meet the owner of this meet outfit.
Full Name: Matilda (Tillie) Jean Parks
Age: 13

Tillie was born and raised in the Rachel Park's Orphanage (est. 1848) on the outskirts of Philadelphia.  She is the great, great, great, great granddaughter of the founder of the orphanage, Sarah Connor. Tillie's great x4 grandmother was adopted into Sarah Conner's family, and her family has owned the building ever since.
“Tillie”, as she prefers to be called, parents both died when she was very little and she grew up living in the orphanage her family had owned. She is very interested in History and did countless hours of research on the Orphanage, nearly all the information that is known about the building today is because of her.

Growing up around so many children, she learned plenty about caring for them. But that has also pushed her more into studies and reading. She often desired to get away from all the noise and commotion. These two things combined, being so intellectual, and knowing so much about children, gives her trouble when it comes to making friends her age. She's very much socially awkward.

 Whenever she wanted to get away from all the noise, she go outdoors, exploring. Her outfit is comfortable, but tasteful and nice. She can play with the younger kids, study and complete homework, or go off on adventures. This outfit slightly reflects her beloved school's uniform she wears each day to school, but with a twist. The jacket is perfect for rainy spring days spent outdoors, getting away from all the noise. She rarely goes anywhere with out her beloved backpack, to carry all of her books in. 

THE FABRIC:


The blue, khaki and green fabrics I purchase from Joann's. 
I had the gray knit fabric, and the brown fleece already.

The olive green fabric is soft, sleek, and slightly stretchy. 
The khaki is, well, khaki, like you would find in a pair of pants you'd wear for a school uniform. The blue linen is soft, thin,  and very light weight fabric.

The fabric I used for the backpack is a brown fleece, 
It is lined with a floral patterned fabric.

IN PROGRESS:

The shorts, t-shirt, and collared top are all made using Liberty Jane Clothing Patterns. The jacket is a pattern that I drafted. A few base pieces such as the sleeve bodice are adapted from LJC patterns, but the rest is of my own making. Same goes for the backpack, it is also  pattern I drafted myself.


 Cutting out the pieces...


Testing out the hood pattern, lining up the lining for the jacket, sewing the rolled cuff on the shorts, attaching the Velcro to the back of the gray shirt, lining up the front pockets straight, adding shoulder seams...


Two completed elements of the outfit, ready to roll.
Now everything is completed. The shoes I purchased from a seller called releaserain, on eBay.

Here is the finished outfit:

I call it... the Bibliotrek.


  Biblio (book) Trek (traveling with struggles) 











If you would like to see more of my work, shoot me a message, or whatever else,  you can find me at the following places. I blog, sell on Etsy, and post on Instagram quite a bit.

The Doll Blog             My Etsy Store, Zellawear    Instagram  (@zpobonck)

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and look at the outfit I created. :) 

__________________

Voting for the 2014 Spring FDC 
Starts On May 28th, 2014.

Voting Ends June 11th, 2014.

Please vote for this entry by commenting below or 
emailing us at nora.demington@gmail.com.

Vote for Entry #24, by writing -- "I vote for Entry #24."

We recommend voting for one newbie entry, 
one intermediate, and one pro, at least.

Thank you!


78 comments:

  1. I vote for Entry #24

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote for entry #24

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote for entry #24

    ReplyDelete
  4. I vote for entry #24 💕

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorbs! I DEFINITELY vote for entry #24! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I vote for entry #24! (I love the outfit!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me vote this one

    ReplyDelete
  8. I vote for entry # 24

    ReplyDelete
  9. I vote for entry number 24 :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I vote for entry #24!! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I vote for entry #24! Amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I vote for entry 24.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I vote for entry #24!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I vote for entry#24

    ReplyDelete
  15. I vote for entry #24. ~Leah

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is really cute. I love all the little details. I vote for #24!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I vote for Entry #24!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I vote for # 24.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I vote for #24

    ReplyDelete
  20. I vote for Entry #24

    ReplyDelete
  21. I vote for entry #24

    ReplyDelete
  22. I vote for entry #24!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I vote for entry #24

    ReplyDelete
  24. I vote for entry #24!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I vote for entry 24!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I vote for entry #24

    ReplyDelete
  27. I VOTE FOR ENTRY 24

    ReplyDelete
  28. I VOTE FOR ENTRY #24

    ReplyDelete
  29. I vote for entry #24

    ReplyDelete
  30. i vote for entry # 24

    ReplyDelete
  31. I vote for entry #24

    ReplyDelete
  32. I vote for entry # 24!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. I vote for entry #24!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I totally vote for # 24. I love it so much!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I just saw this and I fell in love! Great job! my vote goes here.

    Number twenty four.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh yeah definitely #24 for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I vote for entry #24

    ReplyDelete