Sunday, May 25, 2014

Entry #25

Intermediate


The character that I have chosen is Barbie –not the high fashion doll
but instead a younger pre-teen doll. The bubble cut Barbie doll of the
1960’s came with a red swimsuit and sandals. My younger version also
comes with a red swimsuit and sandals and more! She has a floppy hat,
sunglasses, a tote and beach towel for afternoons at the pool and a
wrap skirt, eyelet top and tights to wear for other occasions. Barbie
can also mix and match many combinations!

Here is her story:

My name is Barbie Roberts and I love cherries. My favorite thing to do
is go swimming with my friends Midge and Ken. When I grow up, I want
to be an airline pilot or a registered nurse or a rock star or an
aerobics instructor or a police officer or a flight attendant or a
doctor or an astronaut or a veterinarian or a school teacher or
ballerina or maybe a fashion model! I’m not sure what I will be!

Barbie’s Meet Outfit is made using the motto – reduce, reuse and
recycle – utilizing materials that have been given a second chance to
be useful again. The following items were upcycled for this project: a
dresser scarf, baseball uniform jersey, Christmas placemats and flea
market ribbons. The cherry fabrics came from my collection of fabrics.
The patterns came from Liberty Jane (swimsuit), McCalls (hat) and Sock
Monkey’s Business (that’s me!). The sandals were an experiment that
turned out successfully!





Barbie’s Meet Outfit in progress










Time to model all the combinations!















It all started with a sock monkey who needed a Halloween costume.
After making him a costume, I branched out to create custom outfits
for American Girl dolls. I use my sewing, quilting and designing
background to create one-of-a-kind creations for any sized doll - or
monkey.


Thanks for the opportunity!!!!

__________________


Voting for the 2014 Spring FDC 
Starts On May 28th, 2014.

Voting Ends June 11th, 2014.

Please vote for this entry by commenting below or 
emailing us at nora.demington@gmail.com.

Vote for Entry #25, by writing -- "I vote for Entry #25."

We recommend voting for one newbie entry, 
one intermediate, and one pro, at least.

Thank you!

41 comments:

  1. I vote for entry#25

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote for entry #25!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote for entry #25 Its a pretty outfit and I love the creativity of the theme. I sell a lot of Barbie inspired things for AG dolls :) it is totally a perfect cross over match. When we see her in that swimsuit I can picture the Barbie perfectly. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I vote for entry #25!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I vote for entry #25!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I VOTE FOR ENTRY #25!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i vote Entry #25

    ReplyDelete
  8. I vote for Entry #25!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I vote for Entry #25

    Where did you get that amazing "curved" tape measure???? Please share.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yard sale - I didn't save the packaging but I used Google and found this link: http://www.amazon.com/Flexible-Measuring-Peachtree-Woodworking-PW1529/dp/B00405UEAC

      Delete
  10. I vote for Entry #25

    ReplyDelete
  11. Vote, Vote, Vote for Entry #25!! Too Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I vote for Entry #25

    ReplyDelete
  13. I vote for #25... way too cute

    ReplyDelete
  14. I vote for #25 -- way too cute

    ReplyDelete
  15. I vote for #25 -- way too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I vote for entry #25. Cute and very appropriate styling!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I vote for entry 25!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I vote for #25!! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I vote for #25 - very cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I vote for #2 charming

    ReplyDelete
  21. Kid's Cases votes for entry #25...so wholesome. One piece suit and cherries. Cute.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I vote for entry #25. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you everyone!!!!!!
    Naturally I also vote for Entry 25!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nice job! A vote for entry 25.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Nice job! A vote for number 25 please.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I vote for this.. wonderful outfit for AG.

    ReplyDelete