Sunday, May 25, 2014

Entry #28

Intermediate

I designed this meet outfit for a doll that is a science fiction nerd, in particular a Doctor Who fan. I started by making a T-shirt of with my favorite Doctor Who quote and a matching skirt. I cut up an old T-shirt and used the Liberty Jane T-shirt pattern and an iron-on transfer for the T-shirt. For the skirt I used the Liberty Jane harakuju  skirt pattern and some quilting cotton.






The outfit needed some color, so I made a modernized version of Addy's school jacket with three quarter length sleeves. it is lined in blue, which ties it in to the rest of the outfit.


Her bag actually had two versions. First I made a yellow backpack with a Tardis iron-on transfer. Then, however, I altered the lunch bag pattern from Wren Feathers to make a book bag out of yellow and blue Tardis Fabric. This bag just popped more with her outfit, so I decided to use it instead of the backpack.




I made a red velvet beret from one of Molly's patterns. This matched the jacket well, and served as a cute tribute to the Doctor's fez.

Her underwear also came from one of Molly's patterns. I cut up a T-shirt from the library's summer reading program to use the rocket pictured on the T-shirt.


I also made a lunch box for her. I painted a Hello Kitty ornament blue, then decoupaged pictures from Doctor Who on to it. 

I made a doll sized version of River Song's diary.


Her boots are from an old AG outfit- they are sturdy and practical for running with the Doctor. Her sonic screwdriver is from a Doctor Who keychain. They are the only parts of the meet outfit I did not make. 

This doll is ready for any time travel challenges that may come her way!





__________________


Voting for the 2014 Spring FDC 
Starts On May 28th, 2014.

Voting Ends June 11th, 2014.

Please vote for this entry by commenting below or 
emailing us at nora.demington@gmail.com.

Vote for Entry #28, by writing -- "I vote for Entry #28."

We recommend voting for one newbie entry, 
one intermediate, and one pro, at least.

Thank you!

47 comments:

  1. I vote for entry #28!

    --Kate :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote for Entry #28!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote for entry #28! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I vote for Entry #28."

    ReplyDelete
  5. I vote for entry #28

    ReplyDelete
  6. I vote for entry #28

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's May 28th and we can vote!! My vote is for entry #28.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cast my vote for # 28. Well thought out and cleverly coordinated outfit and accessories. Yes definitely #28.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I vote for #28 - I just love the detail and the choice of materials, not to mention the entire concept. Signed, Edaj.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I vote for #28 my daughters who love Doctor Who and playing with dolls would be so excited if they had this outfit in their dolls wardrobe

    ReplyDelete
  11. I vote for #28 my daughters who love all things Doctor Who & dolls would love this

    ReplyDelete
  12. I vote for entry #28. The photos show the process of making the clothes and accessories and I am very impressed by how clever this whole entry was completed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I vote for #28. I like the concept and as a Whovian I just had to vote for this. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I vote for Entry #28

    "WHO" doesn't love Dr. Who????

    ReplyDelete
  15. I vote for #28. I love the theme and the outfit is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I vote for entry #28!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I vote for entry #28

    ReplyDelete
  18. I vote for Entry #28.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I vote for entry #28!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Adorable! I vote for #28

    ReplyDelete
  21. I vote for Entry #28. So cute and very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I vote for Entry #28.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I vote for Who? I vote fore entry #28! Love that Tardis skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I vote for entry #28. Great layers of details so the character's Who obsession shines.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I vote for Entry #28.

    ReplyDelete
  26. i vote entry 28! (sings dr.who theme song) do do do...

    ReplyDelete
  27. I vote entry #28

    ReplyDelete