Sunday, May 25, 2014

Entry #6

Pro

I've been making doll clothes for almost a year.  I specialize in restructuring Gymboree clothes to fit 18" American Girl Dolls.  I love tier appliqués and matching/coordinating fabrics and enjoy recreating them in doll size.  My outfits are sold in my etsy shop, carolsobsession.

For this contest I used a doll I bought on the secondary market.  I don't know her original name but I've named her Sally after a special little girl.

I made the tee shirt featuring the appliqué on a life size shirt.  I used one coordinating fabric to make cuffed shorts.  I used a second coordinating fabric to make a full circle skirt with a yoke.  The skirt needed something so I added a band of the shorts fabric at the hemline.  Pressed pleats made the skirt lay more pleasingly.  I made a cardigan sweater from a recycled white sweater.  I made it with a peplum type ruffle and added red buttons to tie it to the cherry theme.  I hand embroidered the stem and leaf to complete the look.  The underwear is made from leftover tee shirt fabric.  I decided Sally needed a bag to take her shorts on her visit to Grandma's house (There's a great climbing tree there).  Recycled white leather was made of recycled leather.

I haven't mastered cobblery yet so it used red ballet flats from Sophia's to complete the outfit.

Thanks so much.

Design


In Progress










Finished Outfit








__________________



Voting for the 2014 Spring FDC 
Starts On May 28th, 2014.

Voting Ends June 11th, 2014.

Please vote for this entry by commenting below or 
emailing us at nora.demington@gmail.com.

Vote for Entry #6, by writing -- "I vote for Entry #6."

We recommend voting for one newbie entry, 
one intermediate, and one pro, at least.

Thank you!


7 comments: