Sunday, May 25, 2014

Entry #27

Intermediate

School (not so) Blues

The Plan: 

When imagining my design, I knew I wanted to create something that I would wear in real life. Since I like to consider myself a quite the nerd, I knew my creation needed to be appropriate for my favorite place: school!  I guess you could say this outfit is a representation of me; it's my meet outfit.



First, let's talk about the sweater. I absolutely adore sweaters. They are comfy, pretty, and make me feel warm and fuzzy inside. For this look, I wanted to keep those sweater feelings, but give the piece a little more flair. I decided to use a stretchy lace material for the sweater, as shown in this picture, but add a matching chiffon fabric around the sleeves for variation. 

The pants are probably my favorite part of the entire outfit. I recently bought a light pink, striped, cotton fabric, and wanted to incorporate it into my design. As the owner of 2 pairs of pink jeans, I knew exactly what to do with the fabric. The jeans I created have light brown top stitching which matches the belt, and give just the right amount of contrast to the outfit. 

Beneath the sweater, I added a dark blue tank top to balance out the outfit's pastel colors, and threw in matching shoes to tie everything up with a bow. 

The headband was a last minute addition. I decided it was needed if my meet outfit was school themed: it's perfect for keeping your hair out of your face while doing chemistry experiments. 

Overall, this meet outfit is perfect for a casual, laid back doll, who enjoys cuddling up on the couch and reading a good book while sipping hot cocoa. I couldn't imagine anything better. 

The Process: 


Pinning and cutting the tank top. 


Stitching the pullover sweater. 


Playing with metallic pieces for the headband. 


More pinning, this time I'm adding the waistband to the skinny jeans. 


Pressing the belt into place while the glue dries. 

The Result:


Here is a view of the entire outfit, Ivy is standing next to her desk. 


The sweater and tank top layered quite well. 


The belt gave the outfit the perfect amount of vintage flair. 


Close up of the chiffon cuffs while Ivy was writing a story in class.



And finally, the skinny jeans! 



__________________


Voting for the 2014 Spring FDC 
Starts On May 28th, 2014.

Voting Ends June 11th, 2014.

Please vote for this entry by commenting below or 
emailing us at nora.demington@gmail.com.

Vote for Entry #27, by writing -- "I vote for Entry #27."

We recommend voting for one newbie entry, 
one intermediate, and one pro, at least.

Thank you!

24 comments:

  1. Cute outfit! I vote for entry #27!

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! I vote for entry #27!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote for entry #27

    ReplyDelete
  4. I vote for entry #27 :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I vote for entry #27

    ReplyDelete
  6. I vote for entry #27-- it's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I vote for Entry #27.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I vote for entry #27

    ReplyDelete
  9. I vote for entry #27, quite adorable!

    ReplyDelete