Sunday, May 18, 2014

Entry #3

Newbie



Here is my entry for the 2014 DW Fashion Design "Meet Me" Themed contest. I am a Newbie, I've only ever sewed a AG T-shirt before sewing this project! I designed a Meet Me outfit for a Girl Of The Year 2015 doll! (I made her up) Her name is Sofia and she lives in New York. She's a Ballerina, what she want's most is to be the lead role in a HUGE Ballet. Her Meet Me outfit is her gown that she dances in. 

Inspiration Pictures:


I drew this. I changed it up later though.


This is my main inspiration picture.


In-Progress Pictures:


The patterns I cut out. (I made up my own pattern.)


My dress so far!

Finished Project:


This is my main picture. Ta Da!!!!


Close up.


Skirt and leggings. I also made the leggings.


Morgan (My doll) is modeling. 


The dress. And although I didn't take a picture of her shoes, 
she is wearing pink American Girl Doll flats.


__________________


Voting for the 2014 Spring FDC 
Starts On May 28th, 2014.

Voting Ends June 11th, 2014.

Please vote for this entry by commenting below or 
emailing us at nora.demington@gmail.com.

Vote for Entry #3, by writing -- "I vote for Entry #3."

We recommend voting for one newbie entry, 
one intermediate, and one pro, at least.

Thank you!


18 comments:

  1. I vote for #3, it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote for #3, gorgeous, well made, and professional-looking! Go Meghan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote entry #3! Great Outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I vote for entry #3" i love you blog Meghan!!!!!!!!! ~Leah

    ReplyDelete
  5. I vote for entry#3!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I vote #3! Amazing dress! I cold never do that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I vote for entry #3. U r awesome at sewing! Really cute dress! Wish u made it human size so I could wear it:)


    -Guinea Pig Lover @ lordsgirls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I vote for entry #3! i love it!!!

    ReplyDelete